Jeanette Golden, VP of Lighthouse Development for Texas – North Central Area, shares how a president of a Neighborhood Lighthouse brought the community together in an outreach to share about help available from their local Pregnancy Center. They put Aglow’s vision statement into action, Every nation touched, every heart changed.
Pam Cochrane is the President of the Paris TX Neighborhood Lighthouse, and serves on the North Central Texas Area Team. Pam voiced a desire to do an outreach for the Paris Texas Pregnancy Center. I suggested Louie's Pizza because I’ve been continually blessed by their ministry.
We wanted to work with the pregnancy center to bring awareness to a mobile unit for free sonograms and pregnancy tests within a 50-mile radius of Paris, Texas. This is an opportunity for the pregnancy center to save the lives of unborn babies while opening the door to help the parents with a variety of assistance.
This outreach was a wonderful example of the entire community coming together to help mothers in crisis. We had an opportunity to pray for and feed those in need, bring awareness to the pregnancy center, and share GameChangers and LifeChangers classes with those interested.
We can say these three ministries: Aglow International, Louie's Pizza, and Paris Texas Pregnancy Center, came together in unity and we put our boots on the ground - reaching out to the harvest of souls that were ready and ripe.
Aglow International representatives did an interview on a local radio station and the following is a testimony from Louie's Pizza on their impression of this event. Just through this event, the Pregnancy Center has had approximately ten families who have approached them for sonograms and assistance.
Letter from Michele and Louis Smith, Owners of Louie’s Pizza
What a joy it was for us to partner with Aglow International and Paris Pregnancy Care Center on August 9, 2021 at the Pregnancy Center. Louie’s Pizza and Prayer, Inc. brought enough pizza to feed the approximate 180 people who came out to celebrate the new mobile unit that will go out to rural areas with the ministry of saving babies from abortion.
What a great, organized event it was. These are the things that we noticed that helped us produce the most fruit that we have experienced in our ministry thus far:
- The two organizations (Louie’s Pizza and Prayer/Thrivent Financial Volunteers and Aglow International) were represented clearly by the T-shirts that they wore. This enabled us on the pizza trailer to point attendees to the right person that they were needing help from.
- The event seemed to be covered in prayer, which I am sure created the foundation for people to be drawn in.
- All volunteers appeared to be there to serve. What a blessing and the unity of volunteers from different teams was evident!
- It is our understanding that numerous ladies signed up to receive care at the Pregnancy Center, which is the fruit we were hoping for. The names represent babies possibly saved from abortions. We don’t only want to feed the bellies of those eating pizza, but we want to see hearts changed, spirits born again and filled with the living water of God.
- Jeanette and Pam from Aglow, the Pregnancy Center, and Louis and I, were able to be interviewed and I share my testimony on a radio station. What an honor to share how God saved me from a chemical abortion that my mom attempted.
- To summarize, the fruit we were hoping for far exceeded our expectation. The fact that there were around 180 in attendance and that it produced a large list of potential hearts touched and babies saved, was what made this event by far the most successful event in advancing the Kingdom of God we have done to date.
Thank you, ladies, for allowing Louis and I to be a part of your desire to reach others for Jesus. We are grateful for the ministry God has blessed us with and will continue to be open to His leading in the future.