Have you ever wanted a website for your Lighthouse, Area Team, Aglow Region or nation with the same look and feel as the Aglow website? Need a little help getting it going?
The new AglowNet initiative from the Headquarters office may be just the answer to help you get started.
With an AglowNet site, you can keep people informed about your group, upcoming events, about Aglow, and get your information out about the wonderful things you are doing.
Pages Included in Set Up
To help you get going with your AglowNet site the Headquarters office will start you out with the Home page, and additional pages including:
- Team information page
- Aglow Vision and Mission page
- Aglow Mandates page
- Aglow Core Values page
- Global Partnership page
- A Contact Us page
- And other pages of your choice, such as a page with information about your Lighthouse or an important upcoming event.
The web address for all AglowNet sites will be as follows:
- All URLs will start with http://aglownet.org
- Lighthouses - http://aglownet.org/LIGHTHOUSENAME/
- Area Teams - http://aglownet.org/AREANAME/
- States - http://aglownet.org/STATENAME/
- Regions - http://aglownet.org/REGIONNAME/
- Nations - http://aglownet.org/NATIONNAME/
AglowNet sites use WordPress for the content management system, so it will be pretty easy for you to pick up your site and run with it after the initial pages have been created by the Headquarters office.
WordPress has a wonderful online support system if you need help at http://wordpress.org/support/. There you will find forums and in-depth how-to instructions. You can even find lessons at http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Lessons.
- Fill out the site planning worksheet to help you plan out your site.
- You will also need to gather all graphics you want posted on your site. Please ensure graphics are not copyrighted. Use free graphics, photos taken on a phone or other device, or purchase graphics.
- Here are links to a few free graphics websites. (These sites also have links to photos you have to pay for, so just click on the free photo link.)
- You can check our other AglowNet websites for ideas.
The cost for an AglowNet site is only $100 for the set-up which will include the initial creation of the site and pages mentioned previously. There will also be a $10 monthly fee.
To set up the financial aspects of your site please contact Kimberly Wiant at
Request a Site
To get started with your site:
- Financial Arrangements - Call Kimberly Wiant at the Headquarters office to make a payment over the phone or mail in payment to HQ.
- Site Planning - Fill out the site planning worksheet
- Graphics - Gather the graphics you want to post on your site. Please ensure your graphics are not copyrighted.
- Send the information and graphics to
Let’s get started with YOUR AglowNet website!