A poor country even by West African standards, landlocked Burkina Faso has suffered from recurring droughts and military coups. Burkina Faso, which means "land of honest men", has significant reserves of gold, but the country has faced domestic and external concerns over the state of its economy and human rights.
Aglow Burkina Faso National President shared with us a recent outreach story that took place in April. “In His Grace, the Lord allowed us to visit the internally displaced with donations, even though Burkina is still threatened by terrorism.”
There was a total of 70 women, 51 men, and 231 children in attendance. At the end of the ceremony, we were able to talk about Jesus to the women and 12 gave their lives to Jesus. Glory to God! Unfortunately, we were only able to get a list of 7 of the women’s names for follow-up with their salvation. Following up with these women will be a challenge, but prayer can change things. We ask that you would pray for these 12 women who received Jesus so that they remain firm in their new faith.
Let’s pray for Burkina Faso:
- This nation would arise and shine to its intended destiny and become all that God desires for its future.
- As a nation and land filled with honest Godly people (as the country’s name implies), His children will be protected from the attacks of violence.
- The 1.7 million displaced people will find sanctuary, safety, and food.
- This nation would have a reset where the opposite of what it looks like now will begin to take place.
- Good leaders, a good economy, Godly people evangelizing, and human rights begin to come forth and be present. Let it be Lord!