The called, aware and ready!
For you yourselves know very well that the Day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. When they say Peace and security,’ then sudden destruction comes on them, like labor pains come on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you, brothers, are not in the dark, for this day to overtake you like a thief. For you are all sons of light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or the darkness. So then, we must not sleep, like the rest, but we must stay awake and be serious.
I Thessalonians 5:2-6 (HCSB)
I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take away your crown.
Revelation 3:11 (NLT)
These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.
Revelation 17:14 (NKJV)
Make Ready A People Prepared For The Lord – An Expectant People
We need to be expectant of incredible miracles. He wants to invade our lives, our world. He wants to do the unexpected. He wants to reveal His majesty. He wants to heal cancer, arthritis, diabetes and other various kinds of diseases. He will do the impossible in the world’s eyes.
He wants to open up our mind and our spirit to receive greater revelation from Him, so we know how to live and glorify Him in this hour. The Holy Spirit is coming with a new outpouring of Heaven that will fill everything with life! He is changing water into wine and He has saved the best for last. He wants to blanket us with His Presence in a new way.
John the Baptist was brought forth “to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.” Aglow, we have received the same purpose; to prepare people for the return of the Lord. What a holy calling. What an opportunity to be alert and aware of every indication of the Holy Spirit to speak, to pray, to engage with others who need Jesus.
(Jane Hansen Hoyt, excerpt from Jane’s Blog – Expect The Impossible)
- Lord, we are expectant! We expect greater revelation of Your Majesty. We expect Your nature to flow through us to glorify You.
- Lord, we are expectant! We expect to receive Your healing of every disease. We expect You to do the impossible.
- Lord, we are expectant! We expect a new outpouring of Heaven!
- Lord, we are expectant! We expect to prepare people for Your return. We expect the Holy Spirit to speak through us to bring Your life to people who need Jesus.
2017 – The Glory of the Lord
Ezekiel experienced the glory of the Lord on several occasions. He saw the glory leave the Temple, and he saw the glory return to the Temple . . . from the East. For the USA, east might indicate the Capitol in Washington DC. What might it be like to see the glory of the Lord return to the United States? What might it be like to see the glory of the Lord return to every nation? What if our nations each have government leaders who consult the Daniels, Josephs and Deborahs of our day for wisdom, insight and understanding for decisions that affect their nations and the world?
- Father, I declare that You will bring Your glory to my nation.
- Father, we declare a season of shift in the nations. We declare a shift into Your glory, Your provision, Your Kingdom purposes.
- We declare that we will not look to world systems for answers to the critical issues of our nations. We look to You, Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith.
- Bring the greatness of Your glory to the nations who honor You.
(Adapted from a prophetic word released through Diane Fink, Director Middle East and Director Aglow Institute of Ministry Read 2017 - A Pivotal Year)
In 1995 the US Congress passed The Jerusalem Embassy Act. It recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital and ordered that the U.S. Embassy be relocated there. President Clinton required that the act include a provision allowing the president to delay the move for six-month periods for national security reasons. Since that time every President has promised to move the embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, if elected. None has followed through, citing security concerns. No nation has its embassy in Jerusalem. President Trump and US Ambassador to Israel, David Friedman, have committed the US to relocate the embassy. Arab nations have threatened that such a move will have catastrophic consequences for Israel.
- Pray for wisdom, courage, and divine strategy concerning relocating the US Embassy to Jerusalem.
- Pray for a precedence among nations to acknowledge Jerusalem as the Capital of Israel.
- Pray for Capital Prayer to be established and strengthened in Jerusalem.
Israel is deeply concerned that the recent UN Security Council resolution strengthens the BDS (boycott, divest and sanction) movement, further isolating Israel from the global community. At the same time, African nations are seeking closer ties with Israel. New cooperation between moderate Sunni nations and Israel are also being forged. Israel has much to offer the world and has been very generous in sharing their advances and innovations in areas of science, agriculture, medicine and technology etc.
- Pray that God will continue to pour out great favor upon Israel. This alone is an effective weapon in the fight against the BDS movement.
- Pray that God blesses those nations who honor and cooperate with Israel as a testimony of the faithfulness of Your covenant with Israel.
For current articles and prayer points about issues surrounding Israel, to go Israel Aglow Facebook page.
Transformation Opportunities – Limitless Influence and Impact
What would you do? Where would you go? If you were limitless to influence and impact the world around you? The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me . . . Isaiah 61
- This is a good time to look at the Transformation Team opportunities that are available for 2017. Ask the Lord to order your time and show you where you are called. Then, say, “Here I am! Send me!”
- Ask the Lord which opportunities He wants you to embrace to bring the transforming truth of the gospel and the power of your testimony into the lives of people who need to encounter Christ.
- Ask Him for strategies to reach your neighborhood, your community and your nation.
- Pray for teams going throughout the world. Pray that lives are transformed by the demonstration of the gospel in word and deed.
Go here and pray about participating on some of the Aglow Transformation Teams.
Men of Issachar, Aglow International – Men Who Give
2017 is the year that God wants to move through men in the area of giving. Proverbs 3:9-10 says, “Honor the Lord with your possessions and the first-fruits of all your increase so your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will overflow with new wine.” . . . Would you like your vats to overflow with new wine? That is my desire for all of us. We cannot fight new battles for territory with yesterday’s weapons. New assignments for each of us will require a new and more intentional response. I believe there is an important victory over lack of finances ahead, and our generosity in obedience to this call will ensure this victory for Aglow. 2017 is the year we step into the fulfilment of our purpose and destiny. I believe giving is the key weapon that will unlock the windows and barriers of abundance to flow through every area of our lives. Make the decision to increase your giving and watch God bless you like never before. The first-fruits is what God wants from us, and that will unlock His provision and blessing for us and for the assignment of Aglow. – Dave McDaniel, New Anointing For A New Task This Year
- Lord, increase my faith to release my finances to You and see Your abundance released to me and through me.
- Lord, I honor You with everything I have. Show me how to honor You more.
Anti-Human Trafficking – Watch and Pray
Is this not the fast that I have chosen: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke? – Isaiah 58:6
Pray for trafficked victims in your community:
- Mighty God, loose the chains of injustice in sex trafficking in my city. Where this evil is happening, shed your light. Strengthen my city and give us strategies to stand against human trafficking.
- Open our eyes to labor trafficking in my community. Set free the oppressed, and deliver the oppressor. I pray that those who labor in my community are treated justly and receive fair payment for their labor.
- Compassionate God, bring healing to those who have been rescued from trafficking in my city. Make me a vessel of compassion and love to those who have been mistreated.
Persecuted Christians and Crisis Nations
As followers of Christ, we must take a bold step: we must shed the “enemy image” we have of those who persecute us. Because the moment we have an “enemy image” of anyone, God’s love can no longer work through us to reach them! We must pray for and even love those who hate us. – Brother Andrew
- But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you. – Matthew 5:44
- Pray for Christians around the world who are facing persecution. Pray that the love of Christ keeps them in perfect peace and courage.
- Pray for the love of Christ to rise up miraculously in all Christians to release forgiveness and redemption towards those who hate us.
The people of Zimbabwe are suffering from economic and governmental collapse. They are without dependable basic life necessities.
- Pray for all the people of Zimbabwe to be comforted, strengthened and encouraged.
- Pray for economic and civil order so that resources can be restored to the people.
- Pray for Aglow in Zimbabwe. Pray for God’s miraculous provision. Pray that the love of Christ in our Aglow brothers and sisters brings His love and power into the lives of others.
Emerging Nations – Strengthen Your Stakes
Isaiah 54:2 Enlarge the place of your tent, and let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings; Do not spare; Lengthen your cords, and strengthen your stakes.
- The Emerging Nations are those nations with fewer than five affiliated Aglow groups. Pray that these groups are strengthened and encouraged.
- Pray for more groups to be established in these nations. Pray for more leaders to be developed in these nations.
- Pray that people of Aglow in these nations are empowered to develop resources that enable them to take advantage of all that God is releasing from Heaven.
- Pray for the Aglow prayer group in the Capital city of these nations.
- Proclaim increase in the influence and ministry of Aglow in these nations.
- This month pray especially for Mongolia, Morocco, Niger, Oman, Pakistan
Operation Every Nation - "Pray In" The Nations Still to be Reached
We are praying for Aglow to be affiliated in every nation of the world. We are very close to reaching that goal. Let’s continue to move forward together, a company of champions and global leaders of significance, to see Every nation touched, every heart changed.
- Pray that an Aglow Prayer Group will be established in the capital cities of these nations.
- Pray for Aglow to establish powerful Kingdom Communities founded on the fullness of Christ in these nations.
- Pray there is an opening for Aglow International to cultivate a presence in this nation that creates an atmosphere of celebration, impartation and restoration.
- Pray for Christians in these nations to grow in courage and an overcoming spirit.
- aglowglobalprayer.org provides prayer information for every nation.
Complete list of Operation Every Nation nations and their capital cities.
Follow Aglow on Twitter @Aglowprayer. Global prayer updates and encouraging prayer keys are sent out several times each week through Twitter. This is a great way to stay connected in prayer.
Aglow Prayer on Twitter is also available in Portuguese @AglowPrayerPT.
For Reflections on Heaven-to-Earth Prayer from Aglow International, go to http://aglowblogs.org/prayer/.