Awake, Aware and Ready!
For you yourselves know very well that the Day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. When they say Peace and security,’ then sudden destruction comes on them, like labor pains come on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you, brothers, are not in the dark, for this day to overtake you like a thief. For you are all sons of light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or the darkness. So then, we must not sleep, like the rest, but we must stay awake and be serious. - I Thessalonians 5:2-6 (HCSB)
I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take away your crown. - Revelation 3:11 (NLT)
Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the LORD will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you. - Isaiah 60:1,2 (NKJV)
Be the Light!
Note: This is from a recent post from Jane Hansen Hoyt on the Aglow International Facebook page. For this and other posts, “Like” Aglow International on Facebook.
We are a ministry filled with destiny because He has designed it and spoken it into being. He has mantled us with governmental authority and placed us in the nations of the world with great end time purpose. Rise up! Occupy! Be the light that overtakes darkness!
- Pray for the nations with the governmental authority that Christ has given.
- Stand strong, stand confidently in who God has called you to be.
- Decree the Light of Christ to overtake the darkness in the earth.
Luke 13:35 . . . I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord.
Jesus was talking to the religious community.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit removes the blinders over the spiritual eyes of the religious community.
- Pray their eyes of understanding are opened to see and receive Yeshua as Messiah and Redeemer.
Recently 25,000 people took part in a gay pride parade in Jerusalem. Tel Aviv has been declared as the most gay friendly city in the world.
- Pray for a move of God in Israel that brings a hunger for righteousness and holiness.
- Tel Aviv means “spring mound” in Hebrew. Pray that Tel Aviv will become known as a spring of godly righteousness and holiness.
- Proverbs 29:2 -- When the righteous thrive, the people rejoice.
It is reported that Israel is preparing for a future war with Hezbollah in Lebanon.
- Pray for wisdom for Prime Minister Netanyahu and his advisors.
- Pray for protection for the people and land of Israel.
Many leaders among our believing friends in Israel have been suffering attacks in their health. Pray for renewed health and complete healing. Pray for healing miracles and sustained physical strength.
Transformation Opportunities – Limitless Influence and Impact
What would you do? Where would you go? If you were limitless to influence and impact the world around you? The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me . . . Isaiah 61
- Ask the Lord which opportunities He wants you to embrace to bring the transforming truth of the gospel and the power of your testimony into the lives of people who need to encounter Christ.
- Ask Him for strategies to reach your neighborhood, your community and your nation.
- Pray for teams going throughout the world. Pray that lives are transformed by the demonstration of the gospel in word and deed.
Go here and pray about participating on some of the Aglow Transformation Teams.
- Uganda – October 3-17
- San Diego, California – November 11 during the US National Conference
Men of Issachar, Aglow International – Great Time to be Alive!
In a recent blog, Men of Issachar Director Dave McDaniel said, “What a great time to be alive! Never before has the light of Christ been more bright!” See Critical Call To Prayer for the complete blog.
- Make this decree with heaven: God is light and in Him is NO DARKNESS AT ALL!
- Lift up a victory shout! In Christ, you are an overcomer!
Anti-Human Trafficking – Watch and Pray
Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves. Galatians 6:2-3
God calls us to help one another, and to reach out to those who are alone. Pray for trafficking victims AND those who serve them.
- Pray for law enforcement as they seek to help trafficked victims. Pray for their safety and soul refreshment as they seek to help wounded people.
- Pray for social workers who are offering help and services. Pray that they would be refreshed in hope, and they would not be weary in well doing.
- Pray wisdom and favor for those who operate local safe houses. Pray the safe houses would be fully stocked to meet the needs of those they serve – physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Pray for victims – for freedom, for healing, and for rescue. Pray that they walk in freedom and wholeness
Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison, and those who are mistreated as if you yourself were suffering. – Hebrews 13:3 NIV
There are Christians being persecuted even unto physical harm or death every day. There are nations we call “Restricted Nations” where it is difficult or dangerous to be a Christian. Christians who live under persecution are our brothers and sisters. We know of none in our Aglow family who are currently in prison for their faith, but many live under threat of persecution. Please pray daily for them and all persecuted Christians around the world.
- Pray for safety and protection.
- Pray for courage and strength.
- Pray for an abundance of the Fruit of the Spirit to give them rest in the Presence of the Lord.
- Pray for Aglow in restricted nations. Pray for encouragement and growth in Aglow brothers and sisters. Pray for fruitfulness as they share the love of Jesus.
Emerging Nations – Strengthen Your Stakes
Isaiah 54:2 Enlarge the place of your tent, and let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings; Do not spare; Lengthen your cords, and strengthen your stakes.
- The Emerging Nations are those nations with fewer than five affiliated Aglow groups. Pray that these groups are strengthened and encouraged.
- Pray for more groups to be established in these nations. Pray for more leaders to be developed in these nations.
- Pray that people of Aglow in these nations are empowered to develop resources that enable them to take advantage of all that God is releasing from Heaven.
- Pray for the Aglow prayer group in the Capital city of these nations.
- Proclaim increase in the influence and ministry of Aglow in these nations.
- This month pray especially for: Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia
Operation Every Nation - "Pray In" The Nations Still to be Reached
We are praying for Aglow to be affiliated in every nation of the world. We are very close to reaching that goal. Let’s continue to move forward together, a company of champions and global leaders of significance, to see Every nation touched, every heart changed.
- Pray that an Aglow Prayer Group will be established in the capital cities of these nations.
- Pray for Aglow to establish powerful Kingdom Communities founded on the fullness of Christ in these nations.
- Pray there is an opening for Aglow International to cultivate a presence in this nation that creates an atmosphere of celebration, impartation and restoration.
- Pray for Christians in these nations to grow in courage and an overcoming spirit.
- aglowglobalprayer.org provides prayer information for every nation.
Follow Aglow on Twitter @Aglowprayer. Global prayer updates and encouraging prayer keys are sent out several times each week through Twitter. This is a great way to stay connected in prayer.
Aglow Prayer on Twitter is also available in Portuguese @AglowPrayerPT.
For Reflections on Heaven-to-Earth Prayer from Aglow International, go to http://aglowblogs.org/prayer/