Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?
Prayer breaks chains and gives favor that is supernatural. It enables rescue and puts people in the right place at the right time.
I hope you are well and feeling encouraged in anti-human trafficking efforts. This month download the anti-trafficking Prayer Guide online, Prayer Call this month, plan for Human Trafficking Awareness Day January 11th, and pray for trafficked victims.
Aglow Prayer Guide
I’m glad to let you know of Aglow’s new Anti-Trafficking Prayer Guide! You may have seen it at the Aglow Global Conference in Richmond, VA.
You can download the prayer guide here.
This Prayer Guide has prayer points that can be used by groups or individuals, to pray over your community.
SPECIAL FOCUS PRAYER CALL – Thursday December 28th
On Thursday, December 28th we’ll have our Aglow Prayer Call, with a special focus on Anti-Trafficking.
Join us for the call at 7:00 PM Pacific Time/10:00 PM Eastern Time to pray:
- Call Time: 10 PM Eastern / 7 PM Pacific. If you will call in about 5 minutes early, we will be ready to begin on time.
- Call in phone number: 712-775-8896
- Conference Code: 754058
National Human Trafficking Awareness Day – Thursday, January 11, 2018
In 2007, the U.S. Senate designated January 11th as National Human Trafficking Awareness Day – a day dedicated to raising awareness of sex slavery, labor slavery, and other types of trafficking – worldwide. It is a day to bring global awareness of people who need freedom and rescue. I would like to encourage you to get involved in raising awareness by starting something in your community. Pray about what God would have you do and how you can get involved in 2018.
There are many opportunities for you to get involved, including hosting an anti-trafficking seminar in your community and showing the DVD TRAFFICK to your Lighthouse, neighbors or community.
Looking for ways to get involved?
- Feeling antsy? Run a 5k that raises awareness about human trafficking. Gather with a friend or two to prayer walk your local schools, malls, and business parks. Download the AHT Brochure for ideas on how to pray.
- Feeling ambitious? Set up your own 5k and use the platform to share awareness about human trafficking in your community, state or nation.
- Feeling like Betty Crocker? Bake cookies. No really! Take a batch to your local rescue mission or shelter. The homeless population is so vulnerable to sex trafficking. A cookie is a simple and much appreciated gift. Matthew 10:42
- Feeling sentimental? How about writing an encouraging card to a trafficked victim? Send a card (not a Christmas card) to us at: Aglow Int’l, Attn: Anti-Trafficking, PO Box 1749, Edmonds WA 98026
- Wondering about your community? Check out your Shared Hope Int’l State Report Card, and share with your neighbors. Celebrate your good points, and brainstorm how to work on the low points.
- Wondering about your nation? See the 2017 TIP report here. Celebrate your good points, and brainstorm how to work on the low points.
Do you need MORE RESOURCES?
If you’re looking for resources for yourself or others to fight human trafficking, please check out the TRAFFICK DVD and EXXXit book by John Hammer, available online at the Aglow Store. These are great resources and we do all we can to keep the costs low so these can be available to you and those you know, to help educate and spread awareness of human trafficking.
Pray In December
As we’re in the midst of cold winter months, let’s pray specifically for trafficked victims:
- Pray that victims would know the peace and goodwill of Christ.
- Pray for the basic needs of trafficking victims to be met.
- Pray for basic needs, such as food, shelter, and blankets, to be met for homeless/run-aways. During the cold winter months, survival sex (exchanging sex for basic needs) is more frequent.
- At this time of year when many are lonely, there are a higher number of people seeking sex for sale. Pray for the buyers, that they would find peace and love in Christ.
- Continue to pray for Rescue Freedom International as they continue to rescue, restore, and empower those caught in slavery. This month, let’s focus on prayer for the health of the women and children in recovery – spiritual, mental, emotional and physical health.
Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Ephesians 3:20 NLT
Standing in the gap with you,