Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “May they prosper who love you. Peace be within your walls, prosperity within your palaces.” For the sake of my brethren and companions, I will now say, “Peace be within you.” Because of the house of the Lord our God, I will seek your good. Psalm 122:6-9
Jerusalem, often called the epicenter of the world, is a key focal point in God’s dealing with the nations. Jerusalem is the most strategic spiritual battle front. Jerusalem is where our Lord Jesus will once again place His feet upon the earth. We join with the followers of Jesus in Jerusalem to welcome Jesus’ return saying, “Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!”
On October 6, 2019, Aglow International is partnering with millions of intercessors around the world on the Day to Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem. Several of you are already making plans to meet with other believers in your nation or community to pray for Jerusalem on that day. We urge everyone to add your voice to this worldwide concert of prayer.
You may participate in a variety of ways:
- Set aside some time on October 6, 2019 to pray specifically for the peace of Jerusalem and the current issues of Israel.
- Meet with a prayer partner or prayer group to pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
- Plan a special prayer gathering in your community to pray for Israel.
- Inform your network of intercessors in Aglow, your church and other Christian ministries about the Day to Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem.
- Go to The Day of Prayer website for a host of helpful resources for the Day of Prayer for the Peace of Jerusalem including activity materials for children, translated resources, downloadable videos and promotional items.
- Most important, pray and proclaim God’s heart for Jerusalem, the land of Israel and the Jewish people.
May the Lord bless you as you stand as Israel in prayer for the peace of Jerusalem!
Jane Hansen Hoyt