Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: 'May they prosper who love you. Peace be within your walls, prosperity within your palaces.' For the sake of my brethren and companions, I will now say, 'Peace be within you.' Because of the house of the Lord our God, I will seek your good. Psalm 122:6-9
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem . . . you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!' - Matthew 23:37-39
Jerusalem, often called the epicenter of the world, is a key focal point in God’s dealing with the nations. Jerusalem is the most strategic spiritual battle front. Jerusalem is where our Lord Jesus will once again place His feet upon the earth. We join with the followers of Jesus in Jerusalem to welcome Jesus’ return saying, “Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!”
On Sunday, October 4, 2020 Aglow International is partnering with millions of intercessors around the world on the Day to Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem. Several of you are already making plans to meet with other believers in your nation or community to pray for Jerusalem on that day. We urge everyone to add your voice to this worldwide concert of prayer.
Click on the graphic below to watch the video. For translations of the video please follow these instructions.
- Click on video in letter
- At bottom of screen click on the CC (closed caption) icon
- Then click on the Settings icon
- Click Subtitles
- Click Auto translate
- Choose your language
You may participate in a variety of ways:
- Set aside some time on Sunday, October 4, 2020 to pray specifically for the peace of Jerusalem and the current issues of Israel.
- Meet with a prayer partner or prayer group, and your church to pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
- Plan a special prayer gathering in your community to pray for Israel.
- Inform your network of intercessors in Aglow, your church and other Christian ministries about the Day to Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem.
- Go to The Day of Prayer website for a host of helpful resources for the Day of Prayer for the Peace of Jerusalem available in many languages.
- Most important, pray and proclaim God’s heart for Jerusalem, the land of Israel and the Jewish people.
Our Father, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, in obedience to Your Word and in love for the apple of Your eye, we pray for the peace of Jerusalem and the Land of Israel. Bless the people of Israel with Your promise of redemption, shield them with Your love, and bring them renewed hope for their day of salvation. Guide Israel’s leaders and advisors with the light of Your truth. For Your Name’s sake, we declare Your promises to Israel and bless the Land with peace, and its inhabitants with lasting joy. Amen.
May the Lord bless you as you stand as Israel in prayer for the peace of Jerusalem!
Jane Hansen Hoyt