Walk Toward the Light
Ideas and Inspiration from Jane Hansen Hoyt
Prepared For This Time
When Isaiah, the prophet prophesied In Isaiah 60 that darkness would cover the earth and deep darkness the people, he also spoke a balancing word of truth. The certainty that as the darkness grew darker, a light would arise in the midst of the darkness.
The Lord will arise over you and His glory will be seen upon you!
As the darkness increases in the earth, there are many stirrings in the atmosphere. Scientology…Ramadan…shootings…bombings…extreme weather patterns…earthquakes… It is as though a permeating darkness can be felt as we listen to the daily news, news that saddens and shocks our hearts.
Times Have Changed...
· The attack on the Israeli tourist bus in Bulgaria is near the top of our list of those things that speak of the terrible acts of mankind towards one another. 154 tourists and 8 children had just arrived from Tel Aviv. Five Israelis, the Bulgarian bus driver and the terrorist were killed. The bombing is the latest incident of violence targeting Israelis overseas.
· Just a few days later, movie goers in Aurora, Colorado were terrorized when a masked gunman entered the theatre, threw a gas canister and began shooting. Twelve were killed and 58 injured. It was the worst mass killing in U.S. history. A prayer vigil was held this past Sunday for the victims and their families. The prayers came in different languages, but the message was the same…faith and hope in the face of unimaginable evil. The phrase, You are not alone, was oft repeated referring not only to others standing with them but also of the kind, comforting nature of God.
· Scorching summer heat across the United States is causing great loss and is reminding us of the Dust Bowl of the 1930’s. Farmers and ranchers are in a state of dire need as water sources have dried up. Crop and livestock losses will be devastating.
· London is on high alert as the 2012 Olympic Games move into full swing. We live in a time when terrorism has affected us all. We no longer can live with the same sense of freedom that would have once been ours.
...But So Have We!
While the world has changed, those of us who are carriers of His light have also changed. There has been a rising of God’s truth within us. Like David, we have proved His word again and again. We are not afraid of the giants or the battle, because we know the God that we serve.
Powerful words have been spoken to us regarding the message we carry at this time. It is a message of light and hope.
The Holy Spirit is brooding over you and stirring up your depths. An ancient pathway has opened up in your midst with an authority to deliver, to restore and to create new life. Heaven has opened to you! He is raising up champions and warriors, people of substance in the Spirit. A new level of prayer is opening up to you…prayer based on permission granted.
In a recent conversation with Diane Moder, Islam Awareness and Education Director, she shared some of the cases she knows that Aglow women and men are being used to encourage, impact and make a difference in ways that affect the nations of the world.
· Reverend Pierre Bynum, Chaplain and National Prayer Director said of Aglow’s attendance at the Family Research Council prayer meetings in Washington DC, The prayers have stepped up and we are at a whole new level with Aglow coming to the prayer meetings.
· Aglow has been asked to participate in the International Israel Allies Caucus Foundation, due to the favor God has given our ministry.
· The Congressional Prayer Caucus has grown from around 50 participants to over 100 members from both parties. Since our Aglow teams began going a few years ago, some of the growth of the CPC has been attributed to our women who are providing information about their Congressmen so they can be contacted, and often results in their joining.
I am aware of similar things taking place through Aglow in many other nations of the world. The women and men of Aglow are being invited into significant places of influence.
It is the time of our arising! As we respond to the events of our day, we must remember that we have been called and prepared for this particular time in history.
We are being called upon to confront and defeat the enemies of our times, and the ancient promise over women found in Geneses 3:15 says it well. We are going to bring judgment to the enemy. We are going to crush his head. It is written!